Roles allow you to apply default user permissions to groups of users based on their role in the clinic. For example, you can allow providers to prescribe medications and create encounters, while preventing front-end staff from performing these actions.
If your user account has the Edit Roles and Edit Other Users permissions enabled, you can add roles, modify role permissions and assign users to roles.
📌 Note: When you modify a role's permissions, the permission changes are applied to all users assigned that role, as long as the users don't have user-specific permissions applied (see Modifying a user's permissions). If user-specific permissions have been applied, those permissions remain unaltered.
1. On the TELUS CHR main menu, click Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, choose Account. The User Management window opens.
3. Click the Roles tab. The Roles List displays.
4. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're adding a role, click Add Role.
If you're modifying a role, in the Roles List, beside the role, click Edit.
The Add New Role or Edit Role Detail window opens.
5. In the Role Name field, type a name for the role.
6. Optionally, in the Description field, type a description for the role. For example, you can describe the types of users who should have this role assigned.
7. Under Permissions, select the checkbox beside all permissions these users should have by default. See User permission options.
8. To assign this role to users, click the Users tab, and then select the users. See Assigning users to a role (from the role settings).
8. When you're finished, scroll to the bottom of the window, and then choose Submit. If you added a new role, it appears in the Roles List.
Updated June 2021