💡 Tip: Reconcile your provincial (MSP) bills following each remittance date.
You manage and reconcile provincial (MSP) bills through the Billing dashboard. Here, you can filter your clinic's list of bills to display:
Attention Required bills (bills that are rejected, partially paid or are flagged by the CHR as containing errors)
Submitted bills that have not received a response from MSP
Completed bills (bills that are paid in full)
From this list, you can edit and resubmit a bill or update a bill's status.
📌 Note: You can also export billing reports or billing data from the Billing dashboard for reporting purposes or to transfer the data into another application. See Exporting billing reports from the Billing dashboard
1. From the main menu, click Billing. The Billing dashboard opens with a list of bills created today.
2. Filter the list to display the bills you want to view or manage: At the top of the window, click the white panel and then, using the following table, set the filters.
To view or manage...
Apply the following filters
Refused (rejected) and invalid claims
(claims that have not yet received a response from Teleplan)
Paid / completed claims
3. Manage any Action Required bills (bills refused by MSP or flagged by the CHR as invalid). See Managing refused and invalid provincial (MSP) claims.
4. If any bills come back with the status Completed (Paid) but you billed the claim in error and want to "take it back", submit a debit request. See Submitting debit requests to MSP.
5. Make sure no bills have a status of Submitted or Held for longer than 90 days.
💡 Tip: Contact MSP (1-866-456-6950) to see why they have not sent a response for a claim. Also see MSP remittance and cut off dates - 2022 to know when to expect remittances (responses) back from MSP.
6. Review the Completed bills to see if any were only partially paid. If you want to dispute any partially paid bills, submit a debit request and rebill the service. See Managing partially paid provincial (MSP) claims.
7. Review your complete remittance file (provided to you in a message via the Inbox) to read any additional messages or payment updates from MSP.
Updated January 18, 2022