In the Attachments section of an encounter, you can add attachments such as PDFs, scanned images, or Microsoft Word documents to the encounter, and you can add forms. See Adding forms to encounters for more information on forms.
When you add an attachment to an encounter, it becomes part of the patient's records, accessible in the Patient Files section of the chart. See Viewing and modifying patient files for more information.
1. In the open encounter, scroll down to the Attachments section.
2. Select +Add attachment. An Upload File window opens.
3. Click Select a patient file to open a file explorer window.
4. Browse to find the file on your computer, then click Open.
💡 Tip: If you selected the wrong file, you can click Selected File to choose a different one.
The file name appears in the File Name field.
5. Complete the rest of the fields. See Uploading patient files for more information.
6. Click Save.
A new row is added to the Attachments section of the encounter.
Files that are added to a patient's chart from an encounter appear in the Patient Files section of their chart, even if the encounter has not been signed.
📌 Note: Files that you add as attachments to an encounter can only be archived from from the encounter, and not from the Patient Files section. See Archiving patient files for more information.
Updated on May 13, 2022