A star question is a rating question that allows users to rank attributes on a point scale represented with stars. It is similar to a radio-type question but instead of checkboxes, you use stars. You used star question types mostly if you want your patients to rank something such as their experience at your clinic. You can report the responses using Analytics.
You can score patient responses to individual star question types and produce totals. See Configuring custom scores in Qnaires.
1. From the Questions page within a new or existing Qnaire, click +New Question. See Creating Qnaires for information on how to navigate to the Questions page.
A New Content box with all the possible question types appears.
2. Under Choose Type, click Star.
A new window opens.
3. Click New Question. The field expands.
4. Complete the fields that apply to star questions using the below table:
Type a question.
Question Subtext (optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears below the main question.
Question Label (optional)
To change the way the question appears (i.e shortened) in the Qnaire responses, type the label.
Question: How do you rate the clinic front staff?
Question label: Front Staff.
The label appears on the answer sheet in patient charts as Front staff.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional to complete or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (optional)
This is used for exporting purposes (simple exports / data slices). See Exporting data from the CHR.
Type a name/ code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (optional)
Allows you to convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
Update Patient Data
Select, if you want to update patient data in the patient chart. See Linking Qnaire responses to patient data.
📌 Note: You can modify the patient data by clicking Edit.
5. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
By default there are five response options under the question (numbered 1 to 5).
📌 Note: When patients complete the Qnaire, these response options appear as stars under the main question. (see the example image above)
6. To edit your response options, click the specific number and complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding choice options to your Qnaire questions.
7. To delete a response option (star), hover over one and in the right corner click X and Okay to confirm.
8. To add additional response options (stars) click +New Choice.
9. To add more questions to your Qnaire, click +New Question.
10. To publish the Qnaire, click Next Step. See Publishing your Qnaires.
📌 Note: If you edited an existing Qnaire and you are done, close the Qnaire builder.
The Qnaire builder automatically saves your changes.
Updated August 18, 2022