A star question type is a rating type of question that allows users to rank attributes on a point scale represented with stars. It is similar to a radio type question but instead of checkboxes, stars are used. Star question types are mostly used if you want your patients to rank something such as their experience at your clinic. The responses can be reported on using Analytics.
1. From the Questions page within a new or existing Qnaire, click +New Question. See Creating Qnaires for information on how to navigate to the Questions page.
A New Content box with all the possible question types appears.
2. Under Choose Type, click Star.
A new window opens.
3. Click New Question. The field expands.
4. Complete the fields that apply to star questions using the below table:
Type a question.
Question Subtext (optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears below the main question.
Question Label (optional)
To change the way the question appears in the patient's Qnaire responses, type a new Label.
Question: How do you rate the clinic front staff?
Question label: Front Staff.
The label appears on the answer sheet in patient charts as Front staff.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional to complete or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (optional)
This is used for exporting purposes (simple exports / data slices).
Type a name/ code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (optional)
Allows you to convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
Update Patient Data
Select, if you want to update patient data in the patient chart. See Linking Qnaire responses to patient data.
📌 Note: You can modify the patient data by clicking Edit.
5. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
By default there are five options under the question (numbered 1 to 5).
📌 Note: The choice options appear as stars under the main question.
6. To edit your choice options, click the specific number and complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding choice options to your Qnaire questions.
7. To delete a choice option (star), hover over one and in the right corner click X and Okay to confirm.
8. To add additional options (stars) click +New Choice.
9. To add more questions to your Qnaire, click +New Question.
10. To publish the Qnaire, click Next Step. See Publishing your Qnaires.
📌 Note: If you edited an existing Qnaire and you are done, close the Qnaire creator window. The Qnaire creator automatically saves your changes.
Updated June 6, 2022