A star question is a rating question that allows users to rank attributes on a point scale represented with stars. You can use star question types if you want your patients to rank something such as their experience at your clinic. You can report the responses using Analytics.
You can score patient responses to individual star question types and produce totals. See Configuring custom scores in Qnaires.
1. From the main menu, click Qnaires.
2. Start a new Qnaire or select an existing one. See Creating and modifying Qnaires.
3. Click the Questions tab and in the top-left corner, click New Question.
📌Note: At the bottom of your Qnaire, you can also click +New Question.
A New Content box with the possible question types appears.
4. Under Choose Type, click Star.
A new window opens.
5. Click New Question. The field expands.
6. Complete the fields that apply to star questions using the below table:
Type a question.
Question Subtext (optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears below the main question.
Question Label (optional)
To change the way the question appears (i.e shortened) in the Qnaire responses, type the label.
Question: How do you rate the clinic front staff?
Question label: Front Staff.
The label appears on the answer sheet in patient charts as Front staff.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (optional)
This is used for exporting purposes (simple exports / data slices). See Exporting data from the CHR.
Type a name/code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (optional)
Allows you to convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
Update Patient Data
7. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
By default there are five response options under the question (numbered 1 to 5).
📌 Note: When patients complete the Qnaire, these response options appear as stars under the main question (see the example image above).
8. To edit your response options, click the specific number and complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding response options to your Qnaire questions.
9. To delete a response option (star), hover over one and in the right corner click X and Okay to confirm.
10. To add additional response options (stars), click +New Choice.
To move the question to a different position in the Qnaire, in the left side panel, click and drag the question to the suitable position.
To delete the question, in the top-right corner click X.
To duplicate a question click the copy icon at the bottom-right corner of the question.
11. To add more questions, click +New Question.
12. To publish the Qnaire, click Next Step.See Publishing your Qnaires.
📌 Note: If you edited an existing Qnaire and you are done, close the Qnaire builder window. The Qnaire builder automatically saves your changes.
Updated March 14, 2023