If you received payment for a bill but you need to make a correction, you can resubmit the bill using the Change or Reassess action codes.
📌 Note: To change the patient’s PHIN, the provider or the BA number, or if you billed the wrong patient, you need to delete the claim and submit a new claim. See Deleting provincial bills.
1. From the main menu, click Billing. The Billing dashboard opens with a list of bills created today.
2. To see all claims with the Completed status (fully paid bills), filter the Billing dashboard by:
Insurer: Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
Service Date: Set the service date range for which you want to view bills.
💡 Tip: To filter bills by paid date, in the Search By list, select Paid Date.
Billing Practitioner: Select the providers for which you want to view bills.
Location: If your clinic has multiple locations, select the locations for which you want to view bills.
3. Click Apply. A list of completed bills displays.
4. To open a bill, click its description.
💡 Tip: When you click the Patient column, the patient's chart opens instead of the bill.
5. Click the information icon next to the billing item.
6. Click the downward arrow next to the transaction with a Paid status and select Resubmit - Change.
📌 Note: If you only need to provide more information in the Supporting Text, you can use the Resubmit - Reassess option.
7. Make any required changes to the billing item.
8. Change the status to Ready To Submit and save your bill. The Change claim is submitted to H-Link daily at 11 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Updated June 29, 2022