1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account info. The User Management window opens.
2. Under Invite a New User, in the Email Address field, enter the user's email address.
📌 Note: Every user must have a unique email address.
3. In the Type drop-down, select one of the following user types:
Staff: If the user does not require a schedule
Practitioner: If the user requires a schedule, requires the ability to bill (or have other users bill for them), requires the ability to receive electronic lab results, or provides clinical care to patients
📌 Note: Ensure you select the correct user type, because this is used in your CHR account bill calculation (see Understanding your CHR account bill for more information).
4. Click Invite. An invitation message is sent to the email address you entered for the user - inviting them to log in, confirm their information and create a password.
5. Prior to the user logging in, you can also set up two-factor authentication for them (Recommended). See Enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for another user.
In the User List, the new user appears in grey. Once the user accepts the invitation and logs into the CHR for the first time, their name and title display in black text.
The difference between staff and practitioner are that staff only has an Inbox, Providers have an inbox and a schedule. Certain permissions are automatically enabled when the user account is created. These permissions can be further modified. See User Permissions for a definition of each permission.
Inviting a user as a staff will automatically enable them to have the following permissions:
Edit Unlocked Answer Sheets
Point of Care App Access
User Contents Settings
Setup Lab Integration
Template: Custom Header
Edit unlocked answer sheets
Point of Care app access