When someone new joins your clinic, you can easily invite the new user to your CHR account using their unique email address.
This email address will become their username and will allow them to contact our support team via email.
Users can be assigned different roles based on their duties within your practice (see Managing user roles).
Each role has default access already set that can not be changed. What can be changed are the permissions (see User Permissions for a definition of each permission).
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Account information. The User Management window opens.
2. Under Invite a New User, in the Email Address field, enter the user's email address.
📌 Note: Every user must have a unique email address.
3. In the Type drop-down, select one of the following user types:
Staff: If the user does not require a schedule
Practitioner: If the user requires a schedule, requires the ability to bill (or have other users bill for them), requires the ability to receive electronic lab results, or provides clinical care to patients
📌 Note: Ensure you select the correct user type because this is used in your CHR account bill calculation (see Understanding your CHR account bill).
4. Click Invite. An invitation message is sent to the email address entered for the user inviting them to log in, confirm their information and create a password.
📌 Note: Prior to the user logging in, it is highly recommended to set up two-factor authentication (see Enabling two-factor authentication (2FA).
5. In the User List, the new user appears in grey. Once the user accepts the invitation and logs into the CHR for the first time, their name and title display in black text.
Updated April 10, 2023