If you're required to submit a form 8/11 with a WorkSafeBC (WSBC) bill, and you don't have the encounter open, from the Visits dashboard, you can open and fill in the form right from the bill, by clicking the +WSBC button. This attaches the form to the bill and applies the form service code. You can then add the appropriate age-based visit service code. You can also produce WSBC reports and bill from encounters (see Billing WorkSafe BC from encounters for visits requiring a form 8/11.)
1. In the encounter, type all your visit notes for the WSBC visit.
2. In the main menu click Visits.
3. Navigate to the day the patient was seen and filter the window to display visits for the provider(s) you want. See Customizing the Visits dashboard.
💡 Tip: If you want to complete all your WSBC bills at once, if you use appointment type(s) for WSBC appointments, you can filter the list to display only visits assigned those appointment types (via Services filter).
4. Beside the patient, click the Insured column. The appointment detail window opens with the Insured tab selected.
5. Under Unsigned Encounter or Encounter (depending on if the provider signed the encounter or not), click Add Insured Payment.
6. In the New Insured Payment window, click + WSBC.
The Add WSBC Claim window opens.
7. If a WSBC form was previously submitted from the CHR for this patient, you're prompted to pre-populate the form with the same information recorded in the previous form.
To pre-populate the form, click Okay. If this is a new claim and you want to start an empty form, click Cancel.
8. In the Form Type section, under Claim Status, leave Draft - validation off selected. This allows you to fill in, save, re-open and edit the form until you're ready to submit it.
📌 Note: Do not change the Claim Status to Ready - validation on unless you're ready to submit the WSBC bill. When you select this status and save the form, the bill is submitted to Teleplan. Change the status to Ready to submit from the bill itself, when you know the bill and the form is ready. See step 14.
9. Under Select Form Type, select the report you want to fill in.
10. Fill in the remainder of the form.
Click the numbered tabs at the top to jump back-and-forth between different sections of the form.
You know the required information in each section is complete when a checkmark appears beside the section name and the section turns green. The section number at the top also turns green.
11. At the bottom of the form, click Save.
The WSBC form service code appears in the bill.
12. To review or edit the form before you submit it, click the form billing item.
13. Add the age-specific MSP visit service code to the bill:
a) Below the form service code, click + Add Fee Item.
b) In the Code field, enter the visit code that applies for the patient's age (for example, 100)
c) Select the WSBC Claim check box. The WSBC Additional Fields appear.
📌 Note: If you have previously submitted a WSBC claim for this patient, you're prompted to allow the CHR to auto-fill the WSBC Additional Fields with information from the previous claim.
d) Fill in the WSBC Additional Fields with the same information that is in the form.
e) Click back to the New Insured Payment window. Two service codes (form fee and visit fee) are applied to the bill.
14. If you're ready to submit the bill with the form, in the Status drop-down, select Ready To Submit.
15. Click Save.
📌 Note: Once you save or submit the claim, you can generate a PDF copy of the form. This allows you to view, print, fax or save a copy of the form to the patient's chart. See Generating a PDF copy of a WorkSafeBC form.
Updated: November 4, 2021