⚠️ Important: You must be integrated with Health PEI to bill in the CHR. Your clinic lead must contact the TELUS Health Support team through the in-app support bubble requesting them to set up your CHR account to bill.
If you want to create a provincial bill for a patient without an appointment or an encounter (for example, for hospital visits), you can create a bill from the Insured Billing area of the patient's chart.
📌 Note: If the patient has an appointment booked, you should bill from the encounter (standard billing workflow for providers), or from the appointment in the Visits dashboard (staff). This links the bill to the appointment - making it easier to confirm that all appointments are billed for.
1. From a patient's chart, click Start/Open > Insured Billing.
The Insured Payments window appears.
💡 Tip: To modify insured billing settings, click the gear icon next to +New Payment. See Customising your insured billing settings for more information.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're creating a new bill, click +New Payment.
If you're reviewing or editing a bill that's already been created (for example, if the provider created the bill from the encounter), click the bill.
The New Insured Payment window appears.
3. If needed, modify the billing item fields such as Location, Billing Practitioner, Service Date. See Modifying a provincial bill's billing practitioner, location, specialty and other information.
⚠️ Important: The above service date is not submitted as part of the claim to Health PEI.
4. To add a service code (billing item) to the bill, click + Add Fee Item and, in the Edit PEI Billing Item window, complete the applicable fields. See Adding and modifying billing items (service codes) for your provincial bills (PEI).
⚠️ Important: The service date in the above window is submitted to Health PEI as part of the claim. Make sure this date is correct.
💡 Tip: You can quickly bill service codes that have been previously billed for the patient by clicking the clock icon next to +Add Fee Item.
5. To save the billing item, click outside the Edit Billing Item window. The service code is added to the bill.
6. To add additional service codes, click + Add Fee Item.
7. To edit or delete a billing item, click it.
8. To add internal only notes to the bill (for example, to add notes for a billing clerk who reviews your bills before they're sent), in the Internal Notes field, type your notes.
9. To submit the bill to MSP, at the top of the window, in the Status drop-down, select Ready to Submit, otherwise, select Draft.
10. Click Save.
📌 Note: All Ready to Submit bills are submitted to Health PEI as a batch each day at 6pm.
⚠️ Important: The CHR has built-in billing rules for certain codes and specialities. When you save a billing item, a soft validation takes place. If a Validation Error window appears after trying to Save a bill:
1. Click Close.
2. View the Error Messages on the bill and click the billing item to make corrections.
3. Click Save.
Updated January 19, 2022