⚠️ Important: You must be integrated with Health PEI to bill in the CHR. Your clinic lead must contact the TELUS Health Support team through the in-app support bubble requesting them to set up your CHR account to bill.
If you create, review and submit bills for provider(s), or if you are a provider who wants to bill from a list of appointments (for example, if you do all your billing at the end of the day), through the Visits dashboard, you can review and create bills from a list of appointments - without having to open patient charts.
💡 Tip: If provider(s) create their bills from within an encounter and they want you to check the bills and submit them, you can do so from the Visits dashboard.
📌 Note: If you're billing for a patient who does not have an appointment booked (for example, for a hospital visits), you can create a bill from the Insured Billing area of the patient's chart or the Billing dashboard. See Creating provincial (Medicare) bills from patient charts or Quick billing from the Billing dashboard.
1. From the main menu, click Visits. The Visits window appears with a list of all appointments for today.
💡 Tip: You can filter the Visits dashboard by location, date, provider, appointment type and status. See Filtering the Visits dashboard. You can also change the view of the dashboard. See Customizing the Visits dashboard.
2. Select an appointment from the list. A patient information window appears.
📌 Note: if you click a patient's name instead of the appointment, the patient's chart opens in a new window.
3. Click the Insured tab.
4. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're creating a new bill, click Add Insured Payment
If you're reviewing or editing a bill that's already been created (for example, if the provider created the bill from the encounter), click the bill.
The New Insured Payment window appears.
💡 Tip: You can use billing templates to speed up your billing process. For more information, refer to Using billing templates.
5. If needed, modify the billing item fields. See Modifying a provincial bill's billing practitioner, location, specialty and other information.
6. To add service a code (billing item) to the bill, click + Add Fee Item and, in the Edit Billing Item window, complete the applicable fields. See Adding service codes and other details to your insured bills.
💡 Tip: You can quickly bill service codes that have been previously billed for the patient by clicking the clock icon next to +Add Fee Item and selecting a billing item from the list.
7. To save your changes, click outside the Edit Billing Item window. The service code is added to the bill.
8. To add additional service codes, click +Add Fee Item again.
9. To edit or delete a billing item, click it.
10. To add internal only notes to the bill, under Internal Notes, click in the empty box and type. For example, if you’re not finished, you can note where you left off or note questions you need answered.
📌 Note: These notes are not included in the submitted claim.
11. To submit the bill to Health PEI, at the top of the window, in the Status drop-down, select Ready to Submit, otherwise, leave Draft selected.
💡 Tip: You can set the default status for new bills. See Setting the default billing item status for your account for more information.
12. Click Save.
📌 Note: All Ready to Submit bills are submitted to Health PEI as a batch each day at 6pm.
13. To return to the Visits dashboard, click outside the window.
⚠️ Important: The CHR has built-in billing rules for certain codes and specialities. When you save a billing item, a soft validation takes place. If a Validation Error window appears after trying to Save a bill:
1. Click Close.
2. View the Error Messages on the bill and click the billing item to make corrections.
3. Click Save.
Updated April 12, 2023