With radio, select box, and button question types, patients can select only one choice option from a list of alternatives.
Radio question choice options are presented in a visible list.
Select box question choice options are presented in a dropdown menu. This is mainly used when there are many choice options and you do not want the question to take up the entire page.
Button type question choice options are presented as buttons. These question types are perfect for yes/no questions. You can also add images/icons to the button's text.
📌 Note: You can use the three question types to score responses in Qnaires. See Configuring custom scored in Qnaires.
1. From the Questions page within a new or existing Qnaire, click +New Question. See Creating Qnaires for information on how to navigate to the Questions page.
A New Content box with the possible question types appears.
2. Under Choose Type, click Radio, or Select box.
A New Question box appears.
3. Click the New Question field. The field expands.
📌 Note: To edit a question, click the question that you want to edit and the field expands.
4. Complete the applicable sections using the below table:
Type a question.
Question subtext (Optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears under the question.
Question Label (Optional)
To change the way the question appears (shortened) in the Qnaire responses, type the label.
Question: What are some of your symptoms?
The question appears on the answer sheet in the patient's chart as Symptoms.
The choice type you selected above in step 2 is selected by default.
To change the type of question, select a different choice type.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional to complete or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (Optional)
This is used for exporting purposes (simple exports/ data slices).
Type a name or code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (Optional)
You can convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
Update Patient Data
Select, if you want to update patient data in the patient chart. See Linking Qnaire responses to patient data for more information.
📌 Note: You can modify the patient data by clicking Edit.
5. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
📌 Note: By default there are four empty New Option fields under the question. If you do not need a new option field, hover over it and in the right corner click X to delete, and Okay to confirm.
6. To configure a choice option click the New Option field, or +New Choice to add another one.
The field expands.
7. Complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding choice options to your Qnaire questions.
📌 Note: You can create follow-up questions in response to a patient's answer. See Creating follow-up questions to patient responses.
7. Click Close Choice, to continue adding choices, creating, or editing the Qnaire.
Created June 1, 2022