If you often create the same bill for multiple patients, you can create billing templates to speed up your billing process. This is especially helpful for complex, or repetitive billing.
When applying the template to a bill, you can add or edit the billing details. When creating the template, you can leave fields blank to be filled in when you apply the template. For example, create a general template for all providers at your clinic by leaving Billing Practitioner blank and then select the provider when applying the template.
1. From the main menu, click Settings > Templates > Billing. A list of your current billing templates appears.
2. To add a new template, click Add Template and the New Billing Template window appears.
3. In the Template Name field, type the name of your template. This is what appears in the search when you apply the template.
4. Select the type of bill from the Payment Issuer list. You should select your province, or any third-party payers configured.
5. Complete the remaining fields based on the payment issuer you selected. For more information refer to:
6. Click Save. The billing template is created and appears at the bottom of the list.
Updated September 6, 2023