If you want to create a provincial bill for a patient without an appointment or an encounter (for example, for hospital visits), you can create a bill from the Insured Billing area of the patient's chart. Or you can quickly create it from the billing dashboard without having to first open the patient's chart. For more information, refer to
Quick billing from the Billing dashboard.
📌 Note: If the patient has an appointment booked, you should bill from the encounter (providers), or from the Visits dashboard (staff or providers). This links the bill to the appointment - making it easier to confirm that all appointments are billed.
⚠️ Important: Before you can bill MH through the CHR, the provider's user account must be integrated with Manitoba Health. Refer to Integrating your CHR account with Manitoba Health.
1. From a patient's chart, click Start/Open > Insured Billing. The Insured Payments area opens.
💡 Tip: To modify insured billing settings, click the gear icon next to +New Payment. Refer to Customising your insured billing settings for more information.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're creating a new bill, click +New Payment.
If you're reviewing or editing a bill that's already been created (for example, if the provider created the bill from the encounter), click the bill.
The New Insured Payment window appears.
3. If needed, modify the Billing Practitioner, Service Date or other bill details. Refer to Modifying a provincial bill's billing practitioner, location and other bill details.
💡 Tip: You can use billing templates to speed up your billing process. For more information, refer to Using billing templates.
⚠️ Important: The Service Date at the top of the bill is not submitted as part of the claim to MH. Only the service date on the individual billing items (next step) is submitted.
4. To add a billing item (service code) to the bill, click +Add Fee Item and, in the New Manitoba Billing Item window, complete the applicable fields. Refer to Adding billing items (service codes) to provincial bills (Manitoba).
⚠️ Important: The Service Date in the above window is submitted to Manitoba Health as part of the claim. Make sure this date is correct.
💡 Tip: You can quickly bill service codes that have been previously billed for the patient by clicking the clock icon next to +Add Fee Item.
5. To save the billing item, click outside the New Manitoba Health Billing Item window. The service code is added to the bill.
6. To add additional service codes, click +Add Fee Item.
7. To edit a billing item, click it and make the required changes.
8. To delete a billing item, click it and click the trash can icon in the top-right corner.
9. To add internal only notes to the bill (for example, to add notes for a billing clerk who reviews your bills before they're sent), in the Internal Notes field, type your notes.
📌 Note: These notes are not included in the submitted claim.
10. To submit the bill to Manitoba Health, at the top of the window, in the Status drop-down, select Ready to Submit. Otherwise, select Draft.
💡 Tip: You can set the default status for new bills. Refer to Setting the default billing item status for your account for more information.
11. Click Save.
If the bill's Status is Ready to Submit and there are no errors with the bill, the claim is submitted to Manitoba Health. The claim status updates to Submitted.
If a bill is missing key information, such as a Billing Practitioner, an error appears and the bill is not saved or submitted. Fix the issue and attempt to save it again.
If the bill is missing information, such as a Service Code or PHN, it can be saved as Draft or you can enable Soft Validation. Soft Validation checks the bill against the provincial insurer instead of the local CHR validation, and allows you to save the bill to fix later. For more information refer to Soft billing validation for insured payments.
Updated April 12, 2023