If you're billing MSP for a no charge referral, when you add 03333 as a billing item to the bill, you must add the referring practitioner (the practitioner referring the patient) and the refer-to practitioner (practitioner you're referring the patient to). If the referring and refer-to practitioners are added as contacts in the CHR, you can search for and select them; otherwise you can manually type the providers' names and practitioner numbers.
💡 Tip: You can also bill a no charge referral from the referral itself (if your CHR is configured to do so). See Billing the province (MSP) for no charge referrals from referrals.
2. Add service code 3333 as a billing item or click to edit the 3333 billing item. See Adding and modifying billing items (service codes) for MSP bills (British Columbia).
3. Under Diagnosis Codes, search for and select the diagnosis you're referring the patient for.
4. In the Edit Teleplan Billing Item window, select the Show Advanced Fields checkbox. The Advanced Fields area appears.
5. Select the Referring Practitioner checkbox.
6. Under referring practitioner 1, in the Type drop-down, select By.
7. Click the Search icon, and search for the provider (provider from your clinic who's referring the patient) by name specialty, facility, etc. The provider's Name and practitioner Number are added.
📌 Note: If the provider you want doesn't display in the search results, in the Contacts area of the CHR, add them as a contact. You can then return to the bill and then search for and select them. You can also type the provider's Name and billing Number in the Edit Teleplan Billing Item window without adding them as a contact.
8. Select the Sub-Referring Practitioner checkbox.
9. Under referring practitioner 2, in the Type drop-down, select To.
10. Click the Search icon, and search for the provider you're referring the patient to by name specialty, facility, etc. The provider's Name and practitioner Number are added.
Updated: January 11, 2022