Multi-select questions require patients to select one or more answers from a list of options.
This is very useful when, for example, you ask patients to select several symptoms from a list.
1. From the main menu, click Qnaires.
2. Start a new Qnaire or select an existing one. See Creating and modifying Qnaires.
3. Click the Questions tab and in the top-left corner, click New Question.
📌Note: At the bottom of your Qnaire, you can also click + New Question.
A New Content box with the possible question types appears.
4. Under Choose Type, click Multi-select.
A New Question box appears.
5. Click the New Question field to expand the field.
📌 Note: To edit a question, click the question you want to edit and the field expands.
6. Complete the applicable sections using the table below:
Type a question.
Question subtext (Optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears under the question.
Question Label (Optional)
To change the way the question appears (shortened) in the Qnaire responses, type the label.
Question: What are some of your symptoms?
The question appears on the answer sheet in the patient's chart as Symptoms.
Checkbox is selected by default.
To change the type of question, you can select Radio, Slider, Select Box, or Button.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional to complete or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (Optional)
Used for exporting data (simple exports / data slices).
Type a name or code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (Optional)
You can convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History, Examination, or Plan and Assessment section.
📌 Note: If the patient selected multiple options, the system automatically adds commas between each option.
Update Patient Data
Select if you want to update patient data in the patient's chart. See Linking Qnaire responses to patient data for more information.
📌 Note: You can modify the patient data by clicking Edit.
7. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
📌 Note: By default there are four empty New Option fields under the question. If you do not need a new option field, hover over it and in the right corner, click X to delete, then click Okay to confirm.
8. To configure a response option, click the New Option field, or +New Choice to add another one.
The field expands.
9. Complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding response options to your Qnaire questions.
📌 Note: You can create follow-up questions in response to a patient's answer. See Adding follow-up questions to patient responses.
To move the question to a different position in the Qnaire, in the left side panel, click and drag the question to the desired position.
To delete the question, in the top-right corner, click X.
To duplicate a question, click the copy icon at the bottom-right corner of the question.
10. To add more questions, click +New Question.
11. To publish the Qnaire, click Next Step.
📌 Note: If you edited an existing Qnaire and you are done, close the Qnaire builder window. The Qnaire builder automatically saves your changes.
Updated March 14, 2023