A multi-select question type requires patients to select one or more answers from the choice options given.
This is very useful when, for example, you are asking patients to select a number of symptoms from a list.
1. From the Questions page within a new or existing Qnaire, click +New Question. See Creating Qnaires for information on how to navigate to the Questions page.
A New Content box with the possible question types appears.
2. Under Choose Type, click Multi-select.
A New Question box appears.
3. Click the New Question field. The field expands.
📌 Note: To edit a question, click the question that you want to edit and the field expands.
4. Complete the applicable sections using the below table:
Type a question.
Question subtext (Optional)
Type any additional information related to the question.
This appears under the question.
Question Label (Optional)
To change the way the question appears (shortened) in the Qnaire responses, type the label.
Question: What are some of your symptoms?
The question appears on the answer sheet in the patient's chart as Symptoms.
Checkbox is selected by default.
To change the type of question, select Radio, Slider, Select Box, or Button.
Extra - No Color Coding
Extra - Not Related to Total Score.
Select if you are using scoring in your Qnaire and you want to exclude the specific question score from the total score.
Select Yes to make the question optional to complete or No to make it mandatory.
Qnaire Variable Name and Exportable Name (Optional)
This is used for exporting purposes (simple exports/ data slices).
Type a name or code you want to see when exporting data.
Natural Language Conversion (Optional)
You can convert a patient's response into a sentence that appears in an encounter note under the History section.
Update Patient Data
Select, if you want to update patient data in the patient's chart. See Linking Qnaire responses to patient data for more information.
📌 Note: You can modify the patient data by clicking Edit.
5. Click Close Question in the bottom-right corner.
📌 Note: By default there are four empty New Option fields under the question. If you do not need a new option field, hover over it and in the right corner click X to delete, and Okay to confirm.
6. To configure a choice option click the New Option field, or +New Choice to add another one.
The field expands.
7. Complete the applicable fields. For more information, see Adding choice options to your Qnaire questions.
📌 Note: You can create follow-up questions in response to a patient's answer. See Creating follow-up questions to patient responses.
8. Click Close Choice, to continue adding choices, creating, or editing the Qnaire.
Updated June 1, 2022