The Visits dashboard allows staff and providers to manage bills from a list of appointments. It can be useful if:
You need to create, review and submit bills for providers without opening patient charts.
You are a provider and want to do all your billing at the end of the day.
1. From the main menu, click Visits. The Visits window appears with a list of today's appointments.
2. Select an appointment from the list. A patient information window appears.
3. Click the Insured tab.
4. Perform one of the following actions:
If you're creating a new bill, click Add Insured Payment.
If you're reviewing or editing a bill that's already been created (for example, if the provider created the bill from the encounter), click the bill.
The New Insured Payment window opens.
5. If needed, modify the bill details. See Modifying a TELUS eClaims billing practitioner, location and other bill details.
6. To add the service codes to the bill, click + Add Fee Item. A New TELUS eClaims Billing Item window appears.
7. Complete the relevant fields using the below table:
1. If you want to search by code, start typing the code in the first search box.
2. If you want to search by description, start typing the description in the second search box.
3. Matches are displayed; select one from the list.
💡 Tip: Select the star icon next to the specific code to save the code to your favourites. Every time you create a bill, the starred favourites appear first in the list.
📌Note: The fee code list that appears is based on the Practitioner Profile (provider role) you selected.
Type the fee amount in CAD.
📌Note: The only eClaims supported Billing Item Template is the pre-configured TELUS eClaims. This template has all the codes and descriptions, however no default base amounts.
💡Tip: To save time, you can create billing templates with set amounts.
If the service you provided is not time-based, type the number of units or click the up or down arrow to change the number of units.
The date defaults to today’s date, or to the Service date above, if you modified it.
To change this date for the specific billing item, click the calendar icon.
The Start Time matches the appointment time.
To add the time you finished seeing the patient, click the clock icon.
Time Spent (in minutes) is automatically populated when you enter the start and finish times.
8. To save your changes, click outside the Billing Item window when you are finished adding the service code.
9. To add additional service codes, click +Add Fee Item again.
10. To edit a billing item, click it and make the required changes.
11. To delete a billing item, click it and click the trash can icon in the top-right corner.
12. To add internal only notes associated with the bill, under Internal Notes, click in the empty box and type. These notes are not included in the submitted claim.
13. If the patient's provincial insurance is exhausted, select the Provincial Insurance has been exhausted checkbox.
14. Accept the TELUS eClaims terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox.
15. Click Save.
16. Click outside the window to get back to the Visits dashboard.
Created July 17, 2023