eBooking - the ability for your patients to self-book appointments - comes included as part of your CHR Collaborative Health Record software. You can activate eBooking at any time by simply enabling one or more appointment types for eBooking (see Creating and modifying appointment types), and then allowing these appointment types to be booked in provider schedules via working hours (see Adding and modifying a schedule's standard working hours).
By customizing your clinic-wide eBooking settings, appointment type settings, schedule working hours, appointment notifications and custom text, you can tailor the eBooking functionality to optimize your clinical workflows and enhance your patients' experience.
1. Review and customize your clinic-wide eBooking settings.
2. If your clinic has multiple locations, select the clinics patients can book at and, optionally, add clinic descriptions or group locations together. See Setting up multiple locations for eBooking.
3. Add new appointment types for eBooking or set up any of your current appointment types for eBooking. See Creating and modifying appointment types.
📌 Note: You enable an appointment type for eBooking by selecting New Patients and/or Existing Patients beside Types of patients allowed to book. If neither option is selected, it won't appear for eBooking.
4. On each provider schedule, add or modify working hours - allowing appointment types that are set up for eBooking to be booked during desired times. See Setting up a provider schedule for eBooking.
5. If you want to require patients to select a primary reason for their visit:
b) Add or modify the presenting issues you want patients to choose from.
📌 Note: You make a presenting issue visible for eBooking by "allowing services" (i.e. by select Appointment Types in the Services area) that are enabled for eBooking.
Updated October 14, 2021