Creating eClaims from an encounter associated with an appointment is the standard billing workflow for providers. See Creating eClaims from encounters.
However, there are unique situations when you create bills that are not attached to appointments or encounters. You can also quickly create bills from the billing dashboard without having to first open the patient's chart. For more information, refer to Quick billing from the Billing dashboard.
1. From a patient's chart, click Start/Open > Insured Billing.
The Insured Payments area opens.
2. Click +New Payment.
A New Insured Payment window appears.
3. If needed, modify the Billing Practitioner, Service Date or other bill details. Refer to Modifying an eClaim bill's billing practitioner, location and other bill details.
4. To add the service codes to the bill, click +Add Fee Item.
A New TELUS eClaims Billing Item window appears.
5. Complete the relevant fields using the below table:
1. If you want to search by code, start typing the code in the first search box.
2. If you want to search by description, start typing the description in the second search box.
3. Matches are displayed; select one from the list.
💡 Tip: Select the star icon next to the specific code to save the code to your favourites. Every time you create a bill, the starred favourites appear first in the list.
📌Note: The fee code list that appears is based on the Practitioner Profile (provider role) you selected.
Type the fee amount in CAD.
📌Note: The only eClaims supported Billing Item Template is the pre-configured TELUS eClaims one. This template has all the codes and descriptions, however no default base amounts.
💡Tip: To save time, you can create billing templates with set amounts.
If the service you provided is not time-based, type the number of units or click the up or down arrow to change the number of units.
The date defaults to today’s date, or to the Service date above, if you modified it.
To change this date for the specific billing item, click the calendar icon.
The Start Time defaults to the time you created the bill. To change the time, click the clock icon.
To add the time you finished seeing the patient, click the clock icon.
Time Spent (Minutes) is automatically populated when you enter the start and finish times.
6. To save your changes, click outside the Billing Item window when you are finished adding the service code.
7. To add additional service codes, click +Add Fee Item.
8. To edit a billing item, click it and make the required changes.
9. To delete a billing item, click it and click the trash can icon in the top-right corner.
10. To add internal-only notes associated with the bill, under Internal Notes, click in the empty box and type. These notes are not included in the submitted claim.
11. If the patient's provincial insurance is exhausted, select the Provincial Insurance has been exhausted checkbox.
12. Accept the TELUS eClaims terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox.
13. Click Save.
📌Note: You can save the claim in Draft status with only a fee code and base amount added. To submit the claim to the insurer, you must complete all the required fields (marked with asterisks) and change the claim status from Draft to Submit Predetermination or Submit Claim. For more information about submitting, refer to Submitting your eClaims.
Updated July 17, 2023