You can send a secure message to a patient through the patient portal as long as:
1. From the patient's chart, click Start/Open > Message Patient. A New Message window appears.
2. To include other CHR users in the message, click the To field and select the users. The patient will automatically be added as a recipient.
3. In the Title field, type a message subject.
4. Complete the message body in the text area.
5. To attach chart information or other files:
a. Click +Add Attachment.
b. Select Upload from your computer or Attach a file of <patient name>.
If choosing Attach a file of <patient name>, you can choose multiple attachments from a variety of places within the patient chart. Click Select.
Or if you selected Upload from your computer, select a document from your computer.
6. Select if you want to Allow patient to respond in this conversation.
7. Click Submit. The message is sent to the patient, and the patient is notified through email or text message.
Updated March 22, 2022